Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please call 239-283-5123 for an appointment
Programs and Clients Served
Case Management/Senior Services/Wellness/Counseling
The Beacon has had 4,272 client visits since 2013. Services include:
In-depth client interview to determine needs and resources for participation eligibility in:
- ACCESS (Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency ) – The Food Assistance Program helps individuals and families purchase nutritional foods needed to maintain and promote good health. The Temporary Cash Assistance program provides financial assistance to pregnant women in their third trimester and families with dependent children to assist in the payment of rent, utilities and other household expenses. The Medicaid Program provides medical assistance to individuals and families to cover or assist in the cost of services that are medically necessary.
Due to our high accuracy rate, the Beacon is 1 of 4 agencies that transmit directly to Tallahassee for ACCESS applications.
- Unemployment benefit programs
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Program) – A widely supported, highly effective program that delivers critical short-term aid to our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Disability programs
- Florida KidCare – The state of Florida offers health insurance for children from birth through age 18, even if one or both parents are working.
- Bill payment assistance
- Emergency food and personal items distribution
- Physician / dental visits and prescriptions coverage
- Home wellness visits
- Home repairs
- AARP Foundation Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) – The only program in the U.S. that provides community services and work-based training to low-income, unemployed older Americans age 55-plus.
Individual and Group Counseling
Open by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Please call Mickey Lewin at 239-560-9902 for an appointment.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
This service is unique to Pine Island and most of Lee county – exceptional therapy at a convenient location with fees based on the client’s ability to pay.
- Counseling for children, families, couples in all areas
- Staff training
O.W.L.S (Older, Wiser, Laughing Souls)
A program sponsored by the Beacon of H.O.P.E./United Way. It is funded by donations from the Pine Island United Methodist Church and Matlacha Hookers.
O.W.L.S. is an educational program directed towards Pine Island seniors. There is laughter, light exercise, a delicious breakfast (recipes available on request), and each month a different speaker. See our Calender for O.W.L.S. schedule.
All of the meetings take place at the community center at the Methodist Church and start at 8 a.m.
Click here for information on our Community Learning Center